Thursday, June 9, 2011

Some helpful reminders :)

1. I'm not in this alone. I'm not the only person who has ever had to face this struggle or battle. No matter what the problem is, someone, somewhere has experienced it before me.

"There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man..." I Corinthians 10:13

"The thing that hath been, is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun." Ecclesiastes 1:9

2. As long as I have obeyed the biblical plan of salvation, am living a holy life, and am doing my very best to serve the Lord in every possible way, God is bound by His covenant to me. He is on my side. He is for me.

"...my kindness shall not depart from thee, neither shall the covenant of my peace be removed, saith the Lord..." Isaiah 54:10

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end." Jeremiah 29:11

3. I have comfort here on earth even when everything in my life seems to be going hiddeously awry. 

"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God and are called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28

"I will not leave you comfortless, I will come to you." John 14:18

4. My calling is not predicated upon my feelings, or my abilities. God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called. If He has called me, He will validate my ministry.

"Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began." II Timothy 1:9

"For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance." Romans 11:29

5. Everything will be ok. Even if my world is ripped to shreds and everything I've ever loved is taken away from me, I have the promise of an eternity with God. Heaven will be relief from stress and worry, eternal communion with my Lord and Savior, perfection and rest and gladness and rejoicing. When I am making sacrifices on earth for the kingdom of God, I am laying up my treasures in Heaven.

"But lay up for yourselves treasures in Heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where theives do not break through nor steal"  Matthew 6:20

"But as it is written, eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him." I Corinthians 2:9

No comments: